14 April 2011

it's a fact

It's true. I am a hoarder. I never really thought I was before, but it is an undeniable fact. I hoard.

How, you ask, do I know this? Because I managed to have 42 boxes, 1 suitcase and 2 backpacks worth of stuff to ship. And if that wasn't enough, I am going to have to pay to have an extra checked bag. Not just one, but two. TWO.

So after shipping an entire crate worth of stuff, I still have 4 suitcases, 2 carryons, a diaper bag and eleri's backpack full of stuff. lkjaoinfoadsivdhsvo!!!!

What stuff you ask? Well, clothes, shoes and such necessities. But aside from that, the things that I am actually paying to ship/fly across an ocean include eleri's paintings/drawings, a map that I found by a dumpster, every single award and certificate that Rhys has ever won (even from elementary school), every single picture I could find, old clothes-because you just never know when you might need them, books-even if they have been read, newspapers (unread) from major events, magazines from major events, magazine articles (cut out) with stuff I like, oh and did I mention paintings and drawings that eleri has done? Yeah, I am paying to bring that stuff over. See? fact, I hoard.

But I just can't bear to get rid of it. Never mind how useless some of it may be, I just can't part with it. I hoard. it's pretty bad. I think I may need an intervention. Either that or I need someone to come and pack responsibly for me.

No comments: