26 August 2011

almost like a vacation

this past week when have been house sitting for some lovely friends, Brad and Lisa. It has been beyond words wonderful. Not only has eleri enjoyed playing with new toys like toy cars and train sets (they have 2 boys) but we have enjoyed the space to be a family of 3. In reality this is the longest time in 14 months that we have spent in our own space, just the 3 of us. It was heavenly. And even though rhys still had work everyday, it almost felt like a little vacation. Man, I cant wait until we get our own house.


In other news, Eleri had her first day of school!





I have decided to do a mix of at home teaching and 'school.' Looking at eleri's personality, I really feel like she is ready, and wants/needs to be around other kids. This was proven true yesterday when I went to drop her off. I told her goodbye and asked for a hug and kiss. She blew me a kiss then shook her little finger and said 'no mommy, you go. go' then she turned and took off to play. and she never looked back. 5 later when I went to go pick her up? she had been fine all day. no problems at all. Not even any potty accidents. She asked to go each and every time in a totally new environment. even poop! yeah, she is pretty awesome. and evidently, very ready to start exploring some things on her own. I am so proud.

So Tuesday/Thursday the little one will go to school and then Monday/Wednesday/Friday we will do play/hands on learning at home. I am very excited about the start of the new 'school' year and the possibilities ahead for us. As I type this, I am also very grateful that I have a child that is interested in reading/learning/school. Education and academia are very important to me and I am glad that it is something my daughter and I can do together and both enjoy. I feel truly blessed.

speaking of said daughter, she now wants my attention so off i go. Enjoy your weekends!

1 comment:

Sohailah said...

I am so glad she has her momma and daddy's adventurous spirit! Yippee!