13 June 2011

i really like ebay

I am a BIG fan of ebay. I sell almost everything we dont want/need/use on ebay. I dont make enough to count as an income per say, but it is nice to have a little extra on the side. It is amazing what people will buy, but that is another story, for another time.

I also love ebay for the bargains. 9 times out of 10 before I buy something I check to see if I can get it on ebay (or amazon) I am not sure if everyone is aware of this, but ebay also has stores where they sell brand new things. I realize not everyone is a fan of used, however gently used it may be, but brand new at discounted price is awesome.

For example, E's crib bedding is this awesome set from Pottery Barn. I love Pottery Barn. thats right, love. Love like my life would be a little less complete without Pottery Barn. Serious love. But it is also a seriously expensive love. I have to save and save and save- or receive it as a gift- to get pottery barn. Her crib set was a gift. (thanks mom and gram gram)

As it is now time for big girl bedding, I wanted the same set but in Big Kid size. They have it. Oh, the thrill of knowing I could keep this bedding for the next however many years...ecstatic to put it mildly. Pillows, owl toys, sheets, comforter, more pillows and so on. The total came to well over $400 without tax or shipping. ouch. not in my budget.

So to ebay I went. I found the entire set, the entire set folks, owl toys, pillows and all for less than half. less. than. half. That included shipping as well. All brand new, all in packages, all straight from Pottery Barn to my little girl's bed. Half price. I love Pottery Barn, but I love ebay probably just as much. It was an incredible deal that allowed me to get exactly what I wanted within my budget. awesome.

If you do not use ebay, you should. Ebay is not paying me for this advertisement, but they should really. I can't say enough about the awesome-ness that is ebay for everything. Sometimes you have to spend some time looking through a lot of crap to get what you want, but it is worth the time.


Oh, and here is a picture of her awesome bedding. I will post another set of pictures when it is actually on her bed, in her room...this is just from the PB website.

No comments: