15 March 2011

fresh

In January of 2008 when I created this blog, I really had no idea what I was doing. I had never blogged before, or knew anyone that had, and was not even sure where to start. The design was basic, the posts were mostly about my London commute and the title was simple- made up of things that made me smile. Sunshine and Pringles.

At the time, they were two things that were not redily avaliable to me in the UK. As the weather tends to be crap nearly 100% of the time, I was desperatly missing the sunshine. And pringles, classed as an import, seemed unbelievalbe expensive. Of course that was only 4 months after I moved and I was still converting everything in my head. grocery store trips went something like this

Me: Man, I would LOVE some pringles
Rhys: go buy some.
Me: ok...uh lets see.... £2.25 a can. WHAT?!!? that is $4.50 for a can of pringles!!! (at that time the exchange rate was 2:1)
Rhys: ah! stop converting it in your head! you make the pound, so spend the pound!

Believe me, it didn't take much longer for me to stop that habit and think in the pound. Bet Rhys is sorry now he told me to 'spend the pound' But that is another story.

The point is, while I still don't know a lot about blogging. (I still cant get the really cool, new design to upload) I have decided to go back to the original title of the blog. Sunshine and Pringles. I love the sunshine and even though they are quite possibly the worst thing for me, I love pringles. They make me happy. They make me smile. And it is the little things that matter the most.

I have been having a hard time lately. Try as I might to hide it, I know that some of those feelings have been made evident in the blog. And while the entirety of the situation is too lengthy, detailed and personal to really dive into in this particular forum, let me just say that it is a new day. A new attitude. A fresh outlook on life, love, marriage, parenting, friendship, and family. A new start as it were.

Traditionally January is the time for resolve for a better future. But mid-March is as good a time as any. It's a new day. The 'big' things that bother you only get big because you let them. From now on, it's the little things that really count. Sunshine and Pringles.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love this. There's such beauty in the simplicity of life, you know? When things get overcomplicated, simplicity is such a refreshing thing to embrace.

I hope you find your inspiration. I, for one, love your blog and love your writing. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

I was just considering today, if mid-March was to late to begin a resolution. Thank you for the inspiration and reminder that its never to late to do something better for yourself or those around you.

Susanna