26 October 2010

reading the bible is good.

*i wrote this yesterday but forgot to post it, so i will post it today instead....


at the moment i feel bogged down in my circumstances. I am constantly reminded that we must wait on the Lord and his timing, but living life in difficult day to day situations makes the idea of waiting quite tedious. often times i feel it is almost impossible to trust in the knowledge that there is a bigger plan and good things are coming.

it is easy to become overwhelmed with circumstances. it is difficult to rise above that in hope; trusting in the promises of god.

today is an especially difficult day. it is barely past noon and i am already saying that. doenst bode particularly well for the rest of the day. and then, then i read this from Paul's letter to the Ephesians....

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance and his incomparably great power for us who believe"

know the hope to which he has called me. because He has called ME to live in the hope and truth of His word. His word which tells me not to be anxious about anything but in all things to present my requests to him and the peace of God will guard my heart (Philippians 4) His word which tells me that He works all things for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28) His word which tells me that even when I was being formed in my mothers womb He had a plan for me and my life. (Jeremiah 1:5, Ps 139 etc..)

the truth of the matter for me is that lately i have been looking to everything else for my peace and confidence. my surroundings, my husband, my friends, eleri, what i can (or cant) accomplish in the day, what i cook, what i clean (or dont clean) all of those things are setting the tone of my day and governing my emotions. and those are the very things that should not have any control over me. we are called to set our eyes on Jesus "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead" (phil 3:13)

but i am not doing that. my hope is placed in the things around me instead of Him that is above me.

so today i will be praying paul's words over my life; that my eyes may be enlightened and i may have the hope of christ in my life. because if my eyes are turned on him, then everything else simply falls away.

No comments: